Serial femtosecond crystallography opens new avenues for Structural Biology.
Tempe, United States. In Protein Pept Lett, Feb 2016
The most successful application of FELs for biology has been the method of serial femtosecond crystallography (SFX) where nano or microcrystals are delivered to the FEL beam in a stream of their mother liquid at room temperature, which ensures the replenishment of the sample before the next X-ray pulse arrives.
MLL leukemia and future treatment strategies.
Frankfurt am Main, Germany. In Arch Pharm (weinheim), Apr 2015
Except for AF4-MLL, the functional consequences deriving from reciprocal fusion proteins are not very well understood.
[Molecular genetics of acute lymphoblastic leukemia].
Japan. In Rinsho Ketsueki, Mar 2015
Although 5-year overall survival of childhood ALL patients has improved to as much as 90% due to progress in chemotherapy and other supporting therapeutic modalities, including allo-HSCT, the prognosis is still poor for the remaining 10% of cases, which consist mainly of MLL-AF4-positive ALL and bcr-abl positive ALL.
Radiation damage to macromolecules: kill or cure?
Grenoble, France. In J Synchrotron Radiat, Mar 2015
These range over: a proposed new metric derived from atomic B-factors for identifying potentially damaged amino acid residues, a study of the relative damage susceptibility of protein and DNA in a DNA/protein complex, a report of an indication of specific radiation damage to a protein determined from data collected using an X-ray free-electron laser (FEL), an account of the challenges in FEL raw diffraction data analysis, an exploration of the possibilities of using radiation damage induced phasing to solve structures using FELs, simulations of radiation damage as a function of FEL temporal pulse profiles, results on the influence of radiation damage during scanning X-ray diffraction measurements and, lastly, consideration of strategies for minimizing radiation damage during SAXS experiments.